Official Challenge Rules
The Level Up Challenge
- How to Enter. An entry fee of $100 track is required with each entry. Each entry is payable via credit card or paypal. By entering you agree that this entry fee is necessary to cover the processing and administration of the contest. There is a limit of 5 entries (tracks) per person. You may enter by uploading your original track to YouTube or SoundCloud and submitting the link to us during the entry process on bustarhymesuniverse.com. Mail-in and emailed entries will not be accepted. No refunds unless required by law. All completed submissions must be received by 11:59pm ET, September 15, 2021.
- Eligibility. The contest is open to any amateur musician (i.e., your personal income is not primarily from music-related sources). Employees and independent contractors of Busta Rhymes, The Conglomerate and VP Brands and their immediate families, are not eligible to enter. If a song is found to be in violation of these Rules, we will refund the submission fee to the original entrant. By submitting, you are agreeing that you are an amateur as described above and that you are not employed by or affiliated with any of the contest sponsors. You represent and warrant that (a) all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information; (c) you are 13 years of age or older; and (d) your entry to the contest does not violate any applicable law or regulation. If you are under 18 years of age, however, you must have permission and clearance to enter the contest from your parent or legal guardian. Entry of the contest is void where prohibited. The contest winner will be notified by email or phone on or about October 1, 2021. If the chosen winner does not respond within seven (7) days, we reserve the right to award to the runner(s) up.
- Judging. This contest is a talent and skilled-based business event. All entries are judged based on the quality of the track submitted (creativity, flow, artistry, lyrics). All entries will be first screened by one or more of Busta Rhymes staff. The best tracks among all entries will then be listed to by Busta Rhymes, who will choose one first place winner and a runner-up. Only the final winner will be notified via e-mail and results will be posted on bustarhymesuniverse.com. Entrants other than the winner and the runner up will not receive individual notification.
- Prizes. The winner of the contest will also receive:
- $5,000 in cash;
- A recording experience with Busta Rhymes in New York City (travel and accommodations not included);
- An album autographed by Busta Rhymes;
- A song featured on Busta Rhymes’ Instagram account; and
- Free Busta Rhymes apparel.
- Content. We do not claim ownership in the materials you submit in conjunction with the contest. By submitting any content through the contest, whether public or private, you hereby grant to us a limited, non-exclusive license to use, stream, transmit, beam, store, publicly display, translate, reproduce, and distribute such content, in any format, whether known or unknown, including the limited right to use your likeness, persona, logo, trademark, and right(s) of publicity for purposes of the contest. By entering the contest, you represent and warrant that your entry is an original work and that the content does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, trademarks, contract rights or any other rights of any person or business. You further agree to indemnify and hold Busta Rhymes and all contest sponsors, their subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their respective officers, agents, partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of any breach of your representations and warranties set forth above and/or if any part of the entry causes any of the foregoing to be liable to another.
- Other Rules & Regulations. To the extent that the terms of this contest conflict with any other agreement, the terms of this contest shall take priority. We reserve the right to disqualify any entry that does not meet the rules herein outlined with no obligation to return any entry fee. We expressly disclaim any warranty and we cannot guarantee and do not promise any specific results. In no event shall we be liable to you or any third party for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, statutory, special or punitive damages, including lost profit damages arising from your entry into the contest. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, our liability to you for any cause whatsoever and regardless of the form of the action, will at all times be limited to the amount paid, if any, by you. By entering you also understand that your email address will be shared with contest sponsors.
- Conflict Resolution: The parties shall attempt in good faith to resolve any dispute arising out of or relating to these Rules promptly by negotiation between persons who have authority to settle the controversy. Any party may give the other party written notice of any dispute not resolved in the normal course of business. If not resolved, any dispute, claim or controversy (i.e., contractual, tort, and/or statutory) arising out of or relating to these Rules or the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity thereof, including the determination of the scope or applicability of these Rules to arbitrate, shall be determined EXCLUSIVELY by arbitration in Prince George’s County, Maryland before a single arbitrator. The arbitration shall be administered by either AAA or JAMS. These Rules and the rights of the parties hereunder shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Maryland, exclusive of conflict or choice of law rules.